Join Arctic Shots for one of the most unique and memorable Aurora/Nightscape photography tours you will ever experience. We will take you to personally scouted locations for the best chance to see the Northern Lights and the nightscape of Iceland. Our northern lights tour depends on the weather forecasts from 3 different sources in the days before your tour to maximize your chance of catching this phenomenon. With us, you will also learn how and where to enjoy and photograph the fabulous nightscapes of Iceland and the colorful dance of the Aurora Borealis, one of the foremost wonders of the natural world. Our guides are professional photographers and certified guides by the Icelandic Tourist Board. After we pick you up, we head out on the hunt of a lifetime, visiting the best locations within a 45km/27mi radius of Reykjavik. The final choice of location depends on weather, wind, cloud cover etc. The success of a nights Aurora hunting depends on many factors. You will learn about the required equipment and camera settings, and how to prepare for the right moment and judge the strength of the Aurora to make sure you bring home the best possible shot. If conditions permit, we may also take a swing at the Milky Way, specific stars, do a bit of light painting and even play with steel wool. With us you will get an unlimited access to our tips, tricks and our personal knowledge/experience of nighttime photography. Experience the emotions that only the Northern Lights and the Icelandic skies can generate. Come and join us, bring your camera and get the shots of a lifetime!
- Availability: 15th of August - 15th of April
- Duration: 4-6 hours.
- Vehicles: All of our vehicles are modified 4x4s
- Departure: Usually at 8pm but we will confirm the pickup time when we confirm the tour.
- Price per person: 25.000 ISK.
- Private 4x4: 100.000 ISK (you get the 4x4 to yourselves with the flexibility of your own pickup/dropoff time).
- Private tour: 109.000 ISK (4x4 with space for 4 pax). Check for availability before booking.
- If we don´t have availablity on your desired date, we will try and find you a spot on dates close to the initial one.
- If that date does not fit into your scedule, we will refund your deposit (note that exchange rates change and it might not be the exact amount).
- You need a tripod to photograph the aurora borealis. Tripods are only available if ordered in advance. Tripods are available for rent at 2.500 ISK per tripod.
- We understand plans can change. So be assured that there will be a full refund for cancellation up to 30 days before your tour.
Included in the tour:
- Personal experience with a small group of people (only 1-12 people per tour).
- Pickup and Dropoff at your accommodations in the Reykjavik area.
- Personal help with your camera from a professional photographer.
- Hot chockolate to warm you up.
- A shot of our signature spirit for those that want something stronger.
- Photos of you with the northern lights in the background taken by a professional photographer.
- Photos of the northern lights taken by a professional photographer.
- A variety of low light photography (lightpainting, steel wool, sparklers etc.). These varie from tour to tour. If you have something specific you would like to try out, let us know during the tour and we will make it happen
The fine print:
- Aurora strength depends on solar activity in the days prior to the tour and we do our tours based on those readings. The Icelandic weather is famous for being constantly changing with cloud cover effecting our view of the sky, stars and of course the Northern Lights. With that in mind, we do read into 3 different weather reports in the days before tours and decide on locations based on these predictions. That is why we cannot guarantee that we will catch lights, but with us you will maximize your chances and be in the right spot to photograph them when they show up.
- We do not offer seccond tries but we have a very high success rate when we run the tours.
- We will contact you the day before the first possible tour date or in some cases after 6pm (18:00) on the first possible tour date to let you know if the tour is on or not.
- IF WE ARE FULLY BOOKED, WE CAN PUT YOU ON A RESERVE LIST ON REQUEST
RESERVE YOUR SPOT NOW with a 5.000 ISK deposit per person! (Remaining balance is payable with card or cash during tour. Due to high demand, please contact us for availability if you are booking within 2 days of tour date)
Please put the following information in "Notes" when you book your tour:
- Your desired tour date and any other dates you might be available to do the tour should conditions be better close to your desired date.
- Where you are staying in the Reykjavik area.
- Whether you need a tripod and if so, how many.
We sincerely strive to enhance your experience of Iceland. =)