Join Arctic Shots for one of the most unique and memorable Aurora/Nightscape photography tours you will ever experience. We could have a long and fancy text about how awesome this tour is but you´ll probably get a more honest answer from our previous customers.
- Personal experience with a small group of people (only 1-12 people per tour in 1-3 modified 4x4s).
- Pickup and Drop-off at your accommodation in the Reykjavik area.
- Personal guidance with your camera from a professional photographer.
- Hot chocolate to warm you up.
- A shot of our signature spirit for those that want something stronger.
- Photos of you with the northern lights in the background taken by a professional photographer.
- Photos of the northern lights taken by a professional photographer.
- One high resolution image from the night worth 8.500 ISK
- The northern lights hunt of a lifetime guided by a veteran aurora hunter.
- Unique experience and flexibility.
- Certified tour guides from the Icelandic tourist board.
- Availability: 15th of August - 15th of April
- Duration: 4-6 hours.
- Vehicles: All of our vehicles are modified 4x4s
- Pickup: Usually at 8pm but we will confirm the pickup time when we confirm the tour.
- Price per person: 25.000 ISK. 22.500 ISK.
- Price per private 4x4: 100.000 ISK (a private 4x4 to yourselves with the flexibility of your own pickup/drop-off time but still part of the normal tour).
- Price for a private tour: 109.000 ISK (a private 4x4 to yourselves with the flexibility of your own pickup/drop-off time and not part of the normal tour). Check availability before booking.
- If we don´t have availability on your desired date, we will try and find you a spot on dates close to the initial one.
- If that date does not fit into your schedule, we will refund your deposit (note that exchange rates change and it might not be the exact amount).
- You need a tripod to photograph the aurora borealis. Tripods are only available if ordered in advance. Tripods are available for rent at 2.500 ISK per tripod.
- We understand plans can change. So be assured that there will be a full refund for cancellation up to 30 days before your tour.
The fine print:
- Aurora strength depends on solar activity in the days prior to the tour and we do our tours based on those readings. The Icelandic weather is famous for being constantly changing with cloud cover affecting our view of the sky, stars and of course the Northern Lights. With that in mind, we do read into 3 different weather reports in the days before tours and decide on locations based on these predictions. That is why we cannot guarantee that we will catch lights, but with us you will maximize your chances and be in the right spot to photograph them when they show up.
- We offer a second try if we are unable to catch the lights on the first night (valid for up to 2 years from tour date)
- We will contact you the day before the first possible tour date or in some cases after 6pm (18:00) on the first possible tour date to let you know if the tour is on or not.
IF WE ARE FULLY BOOKED, WE CAN PUT YOU ON A RESERVE LIST ON REQUEST
RESERVE YOUR SPOT NOW with a 5.000 ISK deposit per person! (The remaining balance can be paid with a payment link before pickup or with cash at pickup. Due to high demand, please contact us for availability if you are booking within 2 days of tour date)
Please put the following information in "Notes" when you book your tour:
- Your desired tour date and any other dates you might be available to do the tour should conditions be better close to your desired date.
- Where you are staying in the Reykjavik area.
- Whether you need a tripod and if so, how many.
We sincerely strive to enhance your experience of Iceland. =)